The reebba philosophy is based on trust, and provided Lenders follow the guidelines in Lending Basics, transactions will be completed without problem. Even if items are damaged or lost, provided the procedure for repair or replacement is followed, then there should be no cause for concern.
As a Lender, please ensure that you are familiar with the Lending Basics, for ease key points are repeated here:
- Ensure the description of the item is true and accurate;
- Highlight any defects or damage, do not list for loan if any damage or defects renders the item unfit or unsafe to use;
- Include instruction manuals where possible;
- Demonstrate to the borrower how to use and operate the item, include an instruction sheet to help if appropriate;
- Ensure that items are clearly identified as your property, affix postcode and ownership details on the item;
- Do not list or lend any item if you are not absolutely sure that you:
- Are happy that the borrower can operate it, look after it and return it in similar condition to as lent;
- If is unfit or unsafe to use in any way;
- You can return it on time and in a similar condition to when you borrowed it;
- If you are in any doubt for any reason about the item or the borrower, do not lend the item.
reebba is working on a system for insurance and deposit payments which will add additional protection for the Lender.
Any transactions that are not completed amicably and to the satisfaction of both lender and borrower should consult the process in our Resolution Centre.